Bed Application form and Advertisement Download
Ph.D. પ્રવેશ પરીક્ષાનુ પરિણામ-૨૦૧૭ Click Here
April 2017 Exam Time Table Click here
The Sanskrit literature is one of the richest in the world. Recent studies have shown that it is the most computers friendly. Sanskrit is more scientific and phonetic language. Today, the scientific literature in Sanskrit available to us is vast and varied, covering subjects as diverse as Alchemy and Mathematics - Metallurgy, Gemmology and Zoology and many more. Sanskrit language, with an incomparable store of knowledge and Science carries with itself a legacy of Indian tradition, is at the genesis of our well-developed nation.
Today the quest for learning Sanskrit world over witnesses a revival. Assessing the inevitability of Sanskrit education and promoting Vedic studies on traditional lines in Gujarat state, our Former Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi decided to establish Sanskrit University in Gujarat. Our visionary leadership committed to provide the facility of imparting knowledge of Sanskrit and therefore, established Shree Somnath Sanskrit University at Veraval, District - Gir Somnath, Gujarat.
Download: Notification of Government of Gujarat
The motto of the University is chosen from Sanskrit poet Kālidāsa's famous work Meghadūtam. It explicitly focuses on the attainment of completeness and excellence. It also speaks of the vision and idealism for which the University is established.
Excellence in quality is the need of any organization and Shree Somnath Sanskrit University is no exception. To survive in the competitive world of today and tomorrow, we focus on quality. Quality is a journey not the destination.
- Widespread progress, growth & development of Sanskrit language & literature
- Strengthen and encourage Vedic knowledge, traditional learning keeping pace with modern trends.
- Nation building through Yogya Nāgarika Nirmāṇa
- Developing Knowledge Community
- Optimum use of Technology
- Easy access for girls and weaker section
- Through the medium of quality education, the University aims to generate employment opportunities to meet new challenges, to give importance to research work, providing facilities for the study of Sanskrit
- To introduce professional courses and to integrate them with modern Science
Download: University Act